Makeover Creamy Seafood Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, red pepper and onion in remaining butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return seafood to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Seafood Soup(13)
Sort By :
I make this all winter long. It's incredible. Add 2 T old bay to the finished product and you think you've gone to seafood heaven!
This is awesome! I have added half pound of imitation crab meat. We love it!!!
Great soup recipe! Easy to make, and tastes like I spent hours on it. The wine and the scallops add just the right amount of sweetness.
I've made this a few times and it's always great! It's one of those meals that you can have ready when you know that family/friends are coming in to visit, but not sure when.
We love this soup and ower 12 year old son couldnt get enough of it. we will be making it again
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Soup >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >