Makeover Creamy Seafood Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, red pepper and onion in remaining butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return seafood to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Seafood Soup
Sort By :
"This was delicious. I also added Old Bay seasoning and that gave it a real nice flavor."
"I made this soup with a shrimp, scallop & calamari mixture. It was so yummy!! The red pepper added just enough spice to it! Can't wait to make it again!!"
"I make this all winter long. It's incredible. Add 2 T old bay to the finished product and you think you've gone to seafood heaven!"
"This is awesome! I have added half pound of imitation crab meat. We love it!!!"
"Great soup recipe! Easy to make, and tastes like I spent hours on it. The wine and the scallops add just the right amount of sweetness."