Makeover Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
With its creamy consistency and two different cheeses, this entree captures the essence of comfort food. But here's the kicker-it's been slimmed down for you so you can enjoy it without over indulging. Darcie Zerniak - Ontario, New York
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, process cheese, Parmesan, mustard and pepper until smooth.
- 3. Drain macaroni; stir in cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add cream sauce and mix well. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 394 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC