- For optional topping, in a large skillet, heat butter over
- medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add cubed
- bread; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle over macaroni
- mixture; top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional topping) equals 343 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.