Makeover Creamy Halibut Enchiladas Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, chilies, olives, jalapenos and cumin. Fold in fish.
- 2. Place generous 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine flour and cream until smooth; pour over enchiladas.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.