Makeover Creamy French Dressing Recipe
After removing 36% of the fat from her submission and cutting back on its sugar, we couldn’t wait to send Monika Rahn's the recipe for Makeover Creamy French Dressing. “I am so pleased with the results,” replied the Dillsburg, Pennsylvania cook. “We all like the new version.”
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, ketchup, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, onion powder and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cornstarch mixture. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy French Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC