After removing 36% of the fat from her submission and cutting back on its sugar, we couldn’t wait to send Monika Rahn's the recipe for Makeover Creamy French Dressing. “I am so pleased with the results,” replied the Dillsburg, Pennsylvania cook. “We all like the new version.”
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, ketchup, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, onion powder and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cornstarch mixture. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Creamy French Dressing in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p11
Reviews for Makeover Creamy French Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review