Makeover Creamy Cranberry Salad Recipe
Few foods capture the flavor of the season like cranberries, and this makeover took a holiday favorite and made it even better! You'll love the flavor of cranberry, apple and pineapple covered in a sweet and creamy dressing. Better still, it's only 2 grams of fat per serving! —Alexandra Lypecky, Dearborn, Michigan
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, apple, sugar substitute and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, fold in whipped topping and walnuts. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC