- 2 packages (14 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Coleslaw
"I used Splenda baking for the sugar. My fiance is a type 1 diabetic and I try to sugar substitutes when I can. He loves coleslaw and he gets so excited when I make this! I keep the dressing and slaw mix separate and mix it up when we are ready to eat, keeps it crunchy!"
"Very simple and a nice blend of flavors, doesn't even taste like a lightened up version. I'm always looking for ways to lighten up favorite foods and although this one seemed obvious, the seasonings must be the secret to making it flavorful."
"Will definitely make this again. Taste not quite as bold as high-calorie version but definitely very good. And only 2 poits on Weight Watchers."
"I was really excited to try this recipe, but was a little let down. It's good, but it's missing something. It was definitely better the second day, but still missing something."
"I don't know if it's the season salt or the dry mustard, but this is just about the tastiest coleslaw I've ever had! I love it!"