Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Divide rice among four plates; top with chicken, sauce, artichokes and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes
"This recipe was delicious, it will become one of my staples. I used Fat Free half and half to limit even more calories. The sauce was one of the best parts! I did find the olives to be a bit too much, next time I think I will add mushrooms.What's great is that my husband and three year old daughter also loved it!"
"I find the basics of this recipe wonderful. However, the sauce was way to bland. Not bad, but very bland. I will use it again, but play with a few spices, or something to perk it up a bit."
"This was terrific and easy to prepare. I used canned artichokes, 90 second rice, and calamata olives to make it even simpler!"
"Delicious! The only thing I did different was add a little garlic salt to the sauce, as well as on top of the dish for a little added flavor."
"I would like to try this recipe, I do not like artichoke, but with this recipe I may be able to change my mind about artichokes.Mary West"