Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Divide rice among four plates; top with chicken, sauce, artichokes and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes
Sort By :
I made this dinner for my husband. I even reduced the calories more by using fat free half and half. Also we used half white wine and half low sodium chicken broth. To add some more whole grain I used instant brown rice. My husband really liked the briny flavor of the olives and artichokes.
This recipe was delicious, it will become one of my staples. I used Fat Free half and half to limit even more calories. The sauce was one of the best parts! I did find the olives to be a bit too much, next time I think I will add mushrooms.
What's great is that my husband and three year old daughter also loved it!
I find the basics of this recipe wonderful. However, the sauce was way to bland. Not bad, but very bland. I will use it again, but play with a few spices, or something to perk it up a bit.
This was terrific and easy to prepare. I used canned artichokes, 90 second rice, and calamata olives to make it even simpler!
Delicious! The only thing I did different was add a little garlic salt to the sauce, as well as on top of the dish for a little added flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >