This decadent lightened-up dish originally from Debra Hibbs of Beaumont, California features chicken and artichokes topped with a creamy wine sauce. "Serve it for a your next event or family meal. No one will be disappointed!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Divide rice among four plates; top with chicken, sauce, artichokes and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p11
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review