Makeover Creamy Broccoli Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 10 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and three-fourths of the Swiss cheese. Drain noodles.
- 2. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving equals 190 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.