- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 10 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and three-fourths of the Swiss cheese. Drain noodles.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
Sort By :
"I made this version for my cousin who wanted something with fewer calories. She really liked it. It tasted good and healthy. She didn't feel like she was giving up anything! We liked it!"
"My husband, five year old, and I loved this recipe. I absolutely hate having to boil lasagna noodles as mine always stick together, but this was well worth it! LOVE IT!"
"I am so excited about this dish. It's in the oven right now and the sauce was delicious. I added 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken and substituted cheddar for swiss cheese. Thumbs up!"