Makeover Creamy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 6 crackers)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, egg substitute, onion and butter. Drain broccoli; gently stir into soup mixture.
- 2. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Spritz crumbs with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 144 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat