This scrumptious makeover has all the rich feel and flavor of the original, but only about half the calories and about a third of the saturated fat. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Creamed Corn in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p21
Reviews for Makeover Creamed Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review