Makeover Creamed Corn Recipe
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Creamed Corn(4)
Sort By :
WONDERFUL!!! very easy and quick....
Soooooo delicious! Just made for the second Thanksgiving and EVERYONE wanted more. Even my daughter, who doesn't "like creamy food" devoured hers and then ate some of mine.
I made this over the weekend. It was so simple and easy and my family loved it! I will be making it more often! Fantastic!
Tried this recipe 2 times and both times they were excellent. The second time I added chopped onion, green and red chopped pepper and that was an improvement too. This will remain one of our favorite recipes to make for gatherings.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Creamed Corn >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >