- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Creamed Corn
Sort By :
"Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and omitted the cheese."
"WONDERFUL!!! very easy and quick...."
"Soooooo delicious! Just made for the second Thanksgiving and EVERYONE wanted more. Even my daughter, who doesn't "like creamy food" devoured hers and then ate some of mine."
"I made this over the weekend. It was so simple and easy and my family loved it! I will be making it more often! Fantastic!"
"Tried this recipe 2 times and both times they were excellent. The second time I added chopped onion, green and red chopped pepper and that was an improvement too. This will remain one of our favorite recipes to make for gatherings."