- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, flour, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Pour over crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with reserved crumb mixture; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Makeover Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
Sort By :
I had low expectations when I made this recipe but loved it. I squirted some I Can't Believe it's Not butter on the crust suspecting that it could be dry and flowery. I will make it for Thanksgiving so that we can save a little on the calories
WHOEVER JUDGE THE AMOUNT OF INGREDIENTS IN THIS RECIPE WAS TOTALLY WRONG...THIS RECIPE TURNED OUT AWFUL. THE CRUST WAS STILL FLOUR MIXTURE AND THE TOPPING WAS FLOUR MIXTURE ALSO, DID NOT TURN OUT GOOD AT ALL. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO EVEN EAT THIS, SO IT WAS A WASTE OF MY MONEY.
not as good as expected.The topping didn't melt like it should have leaving a coco/flour/sugar powder on top where a nice chocolatey crumble should have been. Ok flavor but the bottom was really hard.I followed directions and used listed ingredients...
These turned out poorly. Not at all what I expected. I am sorry I wasted my good ingredients that were purchased with hard earned money on this.