With an oh-so-chocolaty crust, a crispy, crunchy topping and soft cream cheese filling, these delectable bars are over-the-top indulgent. —Janet Coops, Duarte, California
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, flour, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Pour over crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with reserved crumb mixture; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Cream Cheese Streusel Bars in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p10
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Makeover Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review