- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen reduced-fat pound cake, thawed and cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the cranberry mixture and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Cranberry Trifle
Sort By :
"this is wonderful,my family just rave about it"
"I made this for Thanksgiving dinner with my family and got rave reviews...would definitely make it again!"
"made it for a church dinner was grate"
"Knockout dessert - sweet and tangy at the same time - and gorgeous. Next time I'll double the cream cheese section."
"My family really enjoyed this easy dessert."