- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen reduced-fat pound cake, thawed and cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the cranberry mixture and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Cranberry Trifle
"this is wonderful,my family just rave about it"
"made it for a church dinner was grate"
"Knockout dessert - sweet and tangy at the same time - and gorgeous. Next time I'll double the cream cheese section."
"My family really enjoyed this easy dessert."
"I also added some raspberries to this. It was a hit for Christmas and I will make again!"
"The presentation is beautiful. I did not lighten it up though. I also used the frozen Sara Lee pound cake for its density. You certainly can make this the night before, it held up nicely."
"Beautiful presentation,very easy to put together. Definitely use a pound cake for its density. Cranberry sauce "outstanding!""
"great dish... my family loved it .... next time I think I'll add slices of angel food cake to each layer ... make it like a very large fruit shortcake... yum....."