- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the egg, orange juice, vanilla and orange peel. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat dough into a 6-1/2-in. circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut into eight wedges (do not separate).
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Cranberry Pecan Scones in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p14
Reviews for Makeover Cranberry Pecan Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review