The delicate flavors of crab and green onion come through in each bite of this elegant dish from Kathi Mulchin of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, celery and onions.
- Transfer to a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Crab Appetizer Mold in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p10
Reviews for Makeover Crab Appetizer Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review