Makeover Corn Pudding
Passed down for generations, this recipe was a cherished family tradition at holidays and special gatherings. Now, with less than half the fat, sodium and cholesterol of the original, it can be served up for generations to come!
Arlene Spencer - Oconomowoc, WI
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Whisk in the milk, egg
- substitute, butter and salt. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn and
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 197 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.