Makeover Corn Pudding Recipe
Passed down for generations, this recipe was a cherished family tradition at holidays and special gatherings. Now, with less than half the fat, sodium and cholesterol of the original, it can be served up for generations to come! Arlene Spencer - Oconomowoc, WI
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Whisk in the milk, egg substitute, butter and salt. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn and cheese.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Corn Pudding in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p23
Reviews for Makeover Corn Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2013
"I love corn pudding and couldn't taste a huge difference in the light and regular version."