Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake
Sort By :
Whenever I make this,I cook it in the microwave uncovered for 10 minutes. This way it frees up my regular oven for the turkey or rolls. Been doing this for years. Comes out just fine..I'm sorry, I meant the original green bean casserole without the corn or sour cream. Sorry.
Even this makeover recipe is too rich. I made this today for Thanksgiving in place of green bean casserole. That was a mistake, we couldn't eat it. I made it exactly per recipe, cooked it for 45 min, and it was nice & bubbly. However, the onions peppers and corn were way undercooked. I won't be making this again, but if you want to try it I would recommend cooking the onions, peppers & celery first in saute pan until tender. Also, I did not like the frozen corn, too tough. I would also substitute canned corn (the summer crisp). Maybe decrease the amount of sour cream also.
I never made things with 'Butter favored crackers' but finally I read people use Ritz Crackers! Haven't made this yet but I printed it up.
What kind of flavored crakers do you use?
To make this even lighter, what about sprinkling cracker crumbs, then spraying them with the no-calorie butter spray? I think it will be worth a try, and it's not a change written in stone. If it doesn't work as well, then back to the original instructions.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Casserole Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >