Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake Recipe
The result of our makeover is a delicious, creamy, cheesy casserole perfect for any night of the year. While the original is so decadent that you might make it only for those really special occasions, the Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake is great year round, yet tasty enough for those festive times, too.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC