The result of our makeover is a delicious, creamy, cheesy casserole perfect for any night of the year. While the original is so decadent that you might make it only for those really special occasions, the Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake is great year round, yet tasty enough for those festive times, too.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p8
Reviews for Makeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review