- thickened and clear. In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks
- form. Pour hot sugar mixture in a slow, steady stream into egg
- whites, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle
- with remaining coconut. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 350 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now