Makeover Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in egg, egg whites and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in cornflakes.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 69 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Coconut Cookies
"These were horrible. They were rubbery in texture and poor flavor. My mother who will eat anything said she preferred cookie that didn't take so long to chew. We threw them out -- something I rarely do. I usually can find someway to use a poor result but not this time."