Connie Colgan of Castle Rock, Colorado asked Light & Tasty magazine to trim the fat from her husband's favorite cookie. The results were mouthwatering…and offered 31% less fat than Connie's original snacks.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butters, brown sugar and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Makeover Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p16
Reviews for Makeover Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review