- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"Love this bread, but as with all the other breads I make, I use just applesauce instead of any oil. They always come out delicious. Adding chocolate chips to this one is really good too."
"I made other changes and they are fabulous. I substituted pumpkin for applesauce and olive oil for canola. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. I only have part of a loaf left because my friends took the rest!"
"Amazing flavor and very moist! My family requests this quite often."
"Very tasty and moist."
"I loved it! Easy and so good . just used regular flour and used vanilla yogurt instead of oil and it turned out so good! Defiantly writing this one down!"