Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread(20)
Sort By :
I made other changes and they are fabulous. I substituted pumpkin for applesauce and olive oil for canola. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. I only have part of a loaf left because my friends took the rest!
Amazing flavor and very moist! My family requests this quite often.
Very tasty and moist.
I loved it! Easy and so good . just used regular flour and used vanilla yogurt instead of oil and it turned out so good! Defiantly writing this one down!
great way to use zucchini from the garden. Its fluffy and delicious and freezes great. Easy snack throughout the year to pull out of the freezer, would def recommend!!
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >