With some basic changes our Test Kitchen was able to keep all the flavor of Jennifer Sickels favorite bread while greatly reducing the guilt. We hope you'll enjoy this makeover as much as we did! Jennifer hails from Greenfield, Indiana.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p8
Reviews for Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review