Makeover Chocolate Truffle Dessert Recipe
The original version of this unbelievably over-the-top truffle dessert tastes like it took all day to make! But after our makeover, it can be made with just 30 minutes of hands-on work, so you can focus on other things during this busy season.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 14 to 16 Pirouette cookies, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Place chocolate chips in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup cream, butter and coffee granules. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until smooth. With food processor running, add cream mixture to chocolate chips in a slow, steady stream. Add vanilla; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with 1/4 cup chocolate mixture; set aside for garnish. Transfer remaining chocolate mixture to a large bowl.
- 4. Remove sides of springform pan. Spread half of the chocolate mixture over brownie layer, spreading evenly over top and sides. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into remaining chocolate mixture. Spread over chocolate layer. Gently press cookies into sides of dessert.
- 5. Pipe reserved chocolate mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 490 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC