- cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in baby food and vanilla. Combine the flours, cocoa, baking
- soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream until it begins to
- thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff
- peaks form. Beat in food coloring if desired. Place one cake layer
- on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with second cake layer.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the cooled chocolate, sour cream
- and vanilla. Spread over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 283 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.