- flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately
- with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire
- For creamy layer, in a small bowl, beat the butters, confectioners'
- sugar, milk, and vanilla until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Spread over
- top of cake.
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter,
- milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- frequently; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat;
- stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- With a hand mixer, beat frosting for 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently spread over the top. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 40 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.