- or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or
- until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into reserved eggnog
- Divide mixture in half. Combine cocoa and remaining water; stir into
- one portion of eggnog mixture. Stir rum extract into the other
- portion. Cover and refrigerate mixtures until partially set.
- Fold whipped topping into rum-flavored filling; spoon into crust.
- Gently spread chocolate filling over the top. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping
- and nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter and commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 297 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.