Makeover Chocolate Croissant Pudding Recipe
- 6 day-old croissants, split
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 eggs
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place croissant bottoms in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and replace croissant tops.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla; pour over croissants. Let stand for 10 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Chocolate Croissant Pudding
Sort By :
"I made this with Chocolate Rasberry chips PLUS I can read and follow directions !!! When it says it is not done until a knife comes out clean to ME that is exactly what it means ...like the saying goes..."if all else fails...FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS" There wasn't any left to worry about the chocolatee solidifyingand ahd there been ..of COURSE I would have warmed it up !! Works better that way when you put ice cream on top or drizzle more chocolate syrup or warmed berry jam on it while it is warm ! That what was missing :-) <>"
"Added butterscotch chips to mini chocolate chips and used mini croissants. It was great!"
"I find it hard to believe this can be a make over recipe. I calculated it would be 9 points plus on the Weight Watcher's system which is a lot"
"It is missing something.I fixed it last year for a family dinner we all thought it was something missing.if I can figure it out what it needs."
"The croissants make this bread pudding very delicious. My only problem is the chocolate. We did not finish this dessert, so it got put into the refrigerator and (of course) the chocolate resolidified, so you sort of crunch into cold chocolate. My only suggestion is to eat it all (HA!) if you can or reheat it in the microwave prior to eating leftovers.Unlike the other rater of this recipe, I found it to be flavorful, however, it does have a little bit of a slimy feel to it if you don't let it sit long enough prior to cutting and eating."