Makeover Chocolate Croissant Pudding Recipe
“My father is French, and I have a lot of family recipes that involve croissants. Any way to make this one healthier?” Our test kitchen transformed one of Sonya’s best-loved recipes into a delectable, slimmed-down version without giving up the croissants she loves. —Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 6 day-old croissants, split
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 eggs
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place croissant bottoms in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and replace croissant tops.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla; pour over croissants. Let stand for 10 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 326 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC