“My father is French, and I have a lot of family recipes that involve croissants. Any way to make this one healthier?” Our test kitchen transformed one of Sonya’s best-loved recipes into a delectable, slimmed-down version without giving up the croissants she loves. —Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
- 6 day-old croissants, split
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 eggs
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place croissant bottoms in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and replace croissant tops.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla; pour over croissants. Let stand for 10 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Chocolate Croissant Pudding in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p25
Reviews for Makeover Chocolate Croissant Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review