Makeover Chicken Noodle Delight Recipe
“A neighbor made this dish for us when we had our second child,” writes Gail Schumacher from Berthoud, Colorado. “It was so good! This lightened version is so delicious, my family will never the difference!"
- 4 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, milk, parsley, onion powder and salt. Stir in chicken.
- 2. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 432 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC