- large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, Italian seasoning
- and 2 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon butter until chicken is no
- longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter
- until tender. Add remaining garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir
- in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until heated
- Drain fettuccine; serve with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1
- teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup fettuccine with 1 cup sauce equals 462 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.