Makeover Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, Italian seasoning and 2 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon butter until chicken is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Add remaining garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and cream.
- 3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until heated through.
- 4. Drain fettuccine; serve with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup fettuccine with 1 cup sauce equals 462 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.