Makeover Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, Italian seasoning and 2 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon butter until chicken is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Add remaining garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and reserved chicken; cook and stir until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine; serve with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo(7)
Sort By :
This is a great light and fresh pasta recipe.
This is a good recipe that could be better and still healthy. I used Monterey Jack in place of the Co-Jack and fat free evaporated milk. I also had plum tomatoes from our garden to use. I think next time I may use Greek Yogurt in place of the sour cream and a better quality Parmesan or Asiago in place of the cheap stuff I used this time.
Very good!! My picky boys even liked it!! Served with rolls and a salad, made a great meal :)
Delicious! Even my 2 year old devoured it.
My family loved this! (I did thicken the sauce a bit more with some cornstarch.) They said it's called makeover because you should make it over and over!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >