- minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in 1 cup chicken
- broth, milk and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Combine 1 cup of cheese sauce and
- chicken; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining chicken broth. Dip
- tortillas, one at a time, in hot broth just until limp, about 4
- seconds on each side. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture down the center of
- each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion. Roll up and
- place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Pour remaining sauce evenly over tortillas. Cover and
- bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and
- bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover an let stand for 5
- minutes. Garnish with remaining green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: two enchiladas equals 418 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,197 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.