Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake Recipe
Our Test Kitchen made over Todd Richards' creamy casserole, slashing calories fat and sodium but keeping all the mouthwatering flavor his friends in West Allis, Wisconsin love.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in the soup, yogurt and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, celery, pimientos and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 431 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,240 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC