Our Test Kitchen made over Todd Richards' creamy casserole, slashing calories fat and sodium but keeping all the mouthwatering flavor his friends in West Allis, Wisconsin love.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the soup, yogurt and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, celery, pimientos and pepper.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p7
Reviews for Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"My family really liked this dish! I thought it was light, yet filling. I will definitely make it again!"
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2009
"Since I didn't have plain yogurt on hand, I used vanilla low-fat yogurt and ruined this expensive-to-make casserole"