Our Test Kitchen made over Todd Richards' creamy casserole, slashing calories fat and sodium but keeping all the mouthwatering flavor his friends in West Allis, Wisconsin love.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the soup, yogurt and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, celery, pimientos and pepper.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p7
Reviews for Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review