Makeover Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid Recipe
A beautiful chicken and pastry braid delivers both on taste and presentation. It's rich, creamy, full of chicken and veggies, and surrounded with a crispy, flaky crust.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- 2. On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- 3. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC