- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Chicken 'n' Broccoli Braid
"Fantastic! The best part of this dish was the flaky crust of the braid mixed with the chicken and veggies! The kids loved this one more than most others because of the braid."
"For a completely healthy option, this braid is amazing! I didn't use the full 2 tsp of dill weed and I still felt it was overwhelming, next time I will use much less and probably through in a couple of other flavors as well to tone it down a little bit. I think the dill compliments the flavor but too much is not a good thing! Will make this again."
"I loved making and eating this. Next time I would only use about 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed rather than 2 teaspoons."
"So I don't think I would make this again. Wasn't bad wasn't good. If I did make it again I would leave the dill out. Found out that my husband and son don't like dill."