Makeover Cherry Pie Delight Recipe
Chock-full of cherries, this little gem is packed with all the flavors that make cherry pie a classic, in a far lighter form. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cherry juice blend
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust. Beat egg white and water; brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Using a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out eight circles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cherries.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup warm cherry mixture into each of eight dessert dishes. Top with 2 tablespoons ice cream and garnish with a cookie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 183 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Makeover Cherry Pie Delight
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC