- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cherry juice blend
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust. Beat egg white and water; brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Using a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out eight circles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cherries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup warm cherry mixture into each of eight dessert dishes. Top with 2 tablespoons ice cream and garnish with a cookie. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Cherry Pie Delight in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p25
Reviews for Makeover Cherry Pie Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review