With about two-thirds less fat than the original pie recipe, this makeover is decadently rewarding! You'll love the chocolate, cherries and almonds, but never miss the fat! —Julie Hieggelke, Grayslake, Illinois
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell, baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate for 4-5 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Add pudding mix and remaining extract; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in almonds and reserved chopped cherries.
- Pour over the pie. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Cherry Almond Mousse Pie in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p18
Reviews for Makeover Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review