By substituting reduced-fat for regular cheese and using a cup less of it. They also substituted reduce-fat sour cream and cream cheese plus fat-free refried beans. To make up for less fat(which adds moisture), they stirred in a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips and assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning to the remaining cheeses; stir until blended. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with chips and vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review